Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages + Certificate in Teaching Practice
The Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages is specifically designed for those who are interested in teaching English as a second or foreign language.
By course completion, students will:
- understand how language is acquired
- understand what constitutes errors in a language
- know the principles on which modern language teaching is based
- understand what phonetic and phonology are
- know which methodologies can be used to teach English
- know how to use materials and aids to teach English in the class
- know how to organise the class
- know how to design lesson plans
The course contains four modules. You can work at your own pace when you have time and therefore have control over how long you will take to finish the course and earn your Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
The course is complete in itself and you do not need to buy any other materials. However, many students, particularly if they are trying for high grades, chose to undertake a certain amount of further reading from the suggested booklist. The modules also have self-correcting exercises along with the answer key and accompanying notes to help you see your own progress on the course.
There are 4 modules in this course:
Module 1: Language Theory
- The nature of language and its acquisition
- Teaching methodologies and principles
Module 2: Language Teaching Methodology
- Teaching language skills
- Teaching material and aids
Module 3: Classroom Planning and Organization
- The syllabus and Scheme of Work
- Teacher’s Roles
- Different types of learners
- Organising the class
- Lesson planning
Module 4: Linguistics & Language Teaching
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Grammar, Morphology and Linguistic applications
How you will be assessed
Four written assignments (each 1000 words) which can be attempted up to 3 times until a passing score is achieved. You should send the written assignment to your tutor by e-mail to be reviewed before submitting to London Teacher Training College.
Teaching Practice: You will need to design TEN lesson plans which can be attempted up to 3 times.
- Students should have a degree-equivalent qualification.
- Students with at least high school or GCE ‘O’ level-equivalent qualification will also be considered. The most important consideration is that students must be fluent in both oral and written English at proficiency level.
*If you do not fall within the above mentioned requirements but are interested, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. Your application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
How do I apply?
Upon completion and assessment, you will be awarded a Level 7 Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. This is endorsed by an OFQUAL and approved by the awarding body, TQUK, at a level of learning equivalent to level 7
You will be awarded an additional certificate (Certificate in Teaching Practice) upon completion of your 2 weeks practicum session.
Students can progress to Graduate Diploma in TESOL.
|Registration Fee + Course Fee||RM 8699||RM 8699|
No Reviews found for this course.