Certificate in Teaching Young Learners and Teenagers + Certificate in Teaching Practice
The level 5 Certificate in Teaching Young Learners and Teenagers is endorsed by TQUK, an OFQUAL approved awarding body.
This is an assignment-based course only. To embark on it, students should be preferably TESOL trained or those with some teaching/tutoring experience. However, students with ‘GCSE’ level-equivalent qualification and have a strong interest in teaching will also be considered. The most important thing is that students must be fluent in both oral and written English at the proficiency level. This 10 unit course will give you comprehensions into how children learn language – both mother tongue and English. You will discover new ideas for activities for both young learners – aged 4 to 11 and teenagers -aged 12+.
- Unit 1 : Why is it important to teach a second language?
- Unit 2 : First Language Acquisition
- Unit 3 : How Young Learners learn languages
- Unit 4 : Stories and Speaking Activities
- Unit 5 : Writing Activities
- Unit 6 : Songs, Rhymes and Chants
- Unit 7 : Discovery Activities
- Unit 8 : Vocabulary Building
- Unit 9 : Games, Puzzles and Quizzes
- Unit 10: The Syllabus
How you will be assessed
A written assignment which can be attempted up to 3 times until a passing score is achieved. You should send the written assignment to your tutor by e-mail to be reviewed before submitting to London Teacher Training College.
Teaching Practice: You will need to design TEN lesson plans which can be attempted up to 3 times.
- Students must be 18 years and above.
- English teachers who wants to teach English Language for early childhood education or primary school.
How do I apply?
Upon successful completion, you will be awarded a Level 5 Certificate in Teaching Young Learners and Teenagers. This is endorsed by an OFQUAL and approved by the awarding body, TQUK, at a level of learning equivalent to level 5.
You will be awarded an additional certificate (Certificate in Teaching Practice) upon completion of your 2 weeks practicum session.
Students can progress to Diploma in Montessori Method of English Language Teaching.
|Registration Fee + Course Fee||RM 5099||RM 5099|
No Reviews found for this course.